17/09/2009

Message from Sonja

After my graduation I decided to start learning Spanish and after my decision friend of mine from Volunteer center of Vojvodina told me about possibility to travel abroad. In a moment I liked the idea . I knew about EVS but I was to occupied with finishing my university that I forgot on EVS. Few days later I met Carmen from Spain and she explained me what is exactly EVS for people with disabilities. I was very interested especially for Spain because I want to learn Spanish. This project would give me the opportunity to spend some time in a foreign country, getting know new culture, broaden my horizons, gain perspectives and knowledge I could later share back home.

I would like the opportunity to further develop my skills and broaden my knowledge by having a challenge of working in a new social environment. Another strong motive for me is the possibility to cooperate with different people with different backgrounds, sharing and receiving experience, culture and points of view.

And I am in wheelchair since 2000. I got sick. And of course I want to talk with other people with disabilities and show them that they can travel and do whatever they imagine and that everywhere is the people willing to offer them a help.

Sonja

No comments: